- About Us
- Investor Relations
- Real Estate
- Contact Us
The Susser family's gasoline business began when Minna Schwartz won the heart of an entrepreneur. In 1938 her husband, Sam Susser, took over operation of two service stations in Corpus Christi, Texas that Minna had inherited, and they began selling fuel to local companies.
The business has flourished, and today, Susser is the largest non-refiner fuel distributor in Texas, supplying fuel to more than 2,400 convenience stores, service stations and commercial fuel customers in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana.
Sam and Minna's two sons, Jerry and Sam J., joined Susser Petroleum Company in the 1960s. Together, they invented the first “pay-at-the-pump” system that allowed customers to purchase gasoline with a credit card from unattended stations.
Sam J.'s son, Sam L. Susser, joined the business in 1988. The Company began building its retail convenience store business with the acquisition of 26 7-Eleven stores in 1988, and today there are more than 560 Stripes® convenience stores in operation.
In 1999, Susser acquired Rusche Distributing Company and significantly expanded its wholesale fuel distribution network. The Company has continued to grow both its retail and wholesale segments through acquisitions and construction of larger-format convenience stores. Susser Holdings Corporation was formed in 2006 and completed its initial public offering of common stock under the symbol SUSS. In September 2012, the wholesale fuel distribution business became a separate publicly traded master limited partnership (MLP), Susser Petroleum Partners LP (NYSE: SUSP), with Susser Holdings as majority owner and owner of the general partner.